Friday, January 16, 2015

Tears for Judas

The Flag.

Yeah, you know the one.

It is the color of
Her innocence-
That treasure you took.
Like a fairy,
who pays you dark dreams,
You left your
Magic-man memory dust
On Her Pillow.

I washed the nightmares away.
With each tear that fell upon my breast,
I held her so close
That her tears became mine.
And mine,
Hers.

My Daughter's cries crashed,
Like a river, into me-
Waters raging.
I engulfed her loss
And damned it up
Inside myself.

Now,
Pain and beauty
Coexist.
Love and hate
Take hands,
And guide me to a place
Where there is forgiveness
For every Sin;
Where there is mercy
For a Man that can
Change.

At the end of the day,
It is an alcoholic's coat
That warms me
In the swirl of my cigarette smoke,
And snowflakes
Falling around me in the night.
They rest upon my hair
And the stitching of
Daddy's Jack-et.

All around me,
White.

~Written 1/16/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment